1 week in the Gorges du Verdon= 2 campsites to discover the richness of this incredible site
Find out more
Dilapidation mobile home
For some time, sustainable development requires, manufacturers of mobile homes shall endeavour not only integrate an ecological dimension to their buildings by providing more than 95% recyclable models , but focus also on the issue, the destruction and recycling of old mobile homes.
Indeed, between 1978 and 1988 more than 700,000 mobile homes for sale from England (according to the customs statistics) returned to french territory. If we consider that a mobile home can have a maximum life expectancy of 35 years, we easily understand that the issue of elimination of these obsolete models will become increasingly urgent and that the needs of elimination may be significant.
There is to date no specific regulations concerning the destruction and recycling of mobile homes, which until shortly, were either burnt or buried, either stored in a corner of the Campsite or storage areas, which have no environmental or rewarding for camping.
A growing number of companies specialize in this area to minimize costs (on-site rather than transport to a recycling place possible destruction). The grouping of a number of these companies has allowed the creation of I'APRRMH (Association for the Promotion of the recovery and recycling of Mobil-homes).
The association for the promotion of the recovery and recycling of mobile homesThis association, which brings together the «de-constructeurs» was created with aims to meet the requirements of the professionals of tourism and manufacturers of mobile homes on the environment.
It lays down the rules of environmental deconstruction that meet each de-constructeur among which the commitment:
- deconstruct on classified sites ICPE (installation; classified environment);
- engage in an ISO 14000 certification;
- to ensure, through a national network of sites of deconstructions, optimized and limited transportation to reduce the ecological and economic impact of the abduction of the mobil-homes;
- to use all means to reduce waste by using all the recycling schemes existing in order to upgrade all materials in a circuit technically and economically viable;
- to use existing recycling schemes;
- do not deliver spare parts in the circuit of sale,
- to ensure traceability of each mobil-home to deconstruct.
The commitments of the players in the sectorThe players in the sector of the mobile home, which including: the National Federation of the hôtellerie de Plein Air, the French Federation of Camping and Caravaning, the Union of the vehicles of leisure, the Council of National Mobile Home, the Union Nationale des Campings and leisure residential parks, the Chamber national distributors of vehicles of leisure and the Association for the Promotion of the recycling of mobile homes as well as representatives of associations of elected representatives and the recovery : the National Association of mayors of mountain resorts, the National Association of elected representatives of the coastline, the Association of mayors of the stations classified and common tourist, under the aegis of the Ministry of tourism have made commitments on June 9, 2006 with the signing of a memorandum of understanding for a management responsible and respectful of the environment of the end of life of the mobile home.
By signing this agreement, sector professionals committed to balancing tourism and environment and to undertake a real construction site by programming the deconstruction of old mobile homes and incorporating the selective recycling of materials.
Commitment to the agreementThrough this agreement, manufacturers, operators, distributors and consumers are committed to:
- Inform all their customers or members of good practices for the establishment of this sector of recycling of mobile homes out of use, such as: encourage eco-design and the use of recyclable materials, encourage recycling of materials once they are out of use, engage in dialogue during the release of land to discuss the destination of the mobil-homes.
- Through their national and/or regional fairs to promote this process of recycling by initiating educational workshops and sensitization destined for managers of campgrounds and of owners of mobile homes.
- Support to companies which, with their various characteristics, have embarked on this project of establishment of a chain of recycling of disused mobile homes or those who will join later.
Commitments by the recycling companies
- Organize the recycling of the mobil-homes unserviceable entrusted to them in acceptable conditions, ecologically - for example excluding any deconstruction in situ that does not respect the rules requiring environmental, sanitary and economic - including the definition of the actual cost of this recycling, to determine between representatives of the Association for the Promotion of the recovery and recycling of Mobil-homes and National Council of Mobil-home.
- Guarantee the traceability of the mobil-home for the deconstruction of its support until its elimination.
- Participate in trade shows and other events to publicize their approach and such recycling economic and ecological conditions.
- On the other hand, provide a timetable and objectives in terms of recycling of mobil-homes:
Number of Karl-recycled homes
Implementation of the process
The Eco-organization of the mobil-home (EcoMH)This organization was created by the members of the Association for the enhancement of the Mobil - homes old and includes eight manufacturers of mobil-homes including: MRI, O'Hara, Residences Trigano, Ridorev, Louisiana, Rapidhome, Sunroller, Shelbox, Willerby.
The goal of EcoMH is to organize and promote the deconstruction of the former mobil-homes sector. It promotes an eco-responsible attitude of this activity with all the outdoor professionals.
Since September 1, 2010, an eco-contribution of 100 euros HT is included in the price of any new Mobilehome sold on the french market. Manufacturers pay this sum to EcoMH that organizes the transport and the deconstruction of old mobile homes at the request:
•individuals (if their mobile home is situated in a campsite);
•managers of campsites;
Services supported by the EcoMH•the treatment and follow-up of the application;
•the Charter of a carrier, removal and the delivery of the mobile home to the center of deconstruction or deconstruction on the spot if the mobile home cannot be moved or transported;
•the deconstruction of the mobile home and the enhancement of materials by a specialized and authorized partner, controlling the channels for waste recovery.
The proposed service assumes that the mobile home came out location and accessible by the carrier. Furthermore, it must not contain additional elements compared with standard equipment and mobil-home must:
•have inflated wheels and an axle to support them;
•to be winched and mount on the tray of the truck;
•This being empty of any object (dishes, objects, rubbish or bulky) other than its design and original furniture;
•always have its windows, walls or partitions, because the absence of these elements would hamper the transport of mobil-home under normal conditions.
When it is impossible to move the mobile home, EcoMH may involve a de-constructeur directly on the spot.
Decomposition of matterQualitatively, the constituent elements of the mobil-homes - metal chassis, axle and wheels, structure in wood or metal, insulation materials, plastic coverings, furnishings, electrical and sanitary equipment elements - pose any particular problem. All can fit into recycling or destruction channels dedicated, adapted to each of these materials.
It is estimated the cost of the deconstruction of a mobil-home currently between 1 800 and 2 000 euros per unit.
A rate of revaluation of
- Description mobile home residential
- Purchase new residential mobile home
- Purchase mobile home residential used
- Mobile home installation and legislation
- Choosing the place of installation of residential mobile home
- Description of the contract site
- The protection of the tenant location
- Conditions in rental mobile home residential
- Obligations in case of subletting of residential mobile home
- Video of residential mobile home